Why Did so Many Fall for the Covid Narrative?
A hidden global coup uses mass-formation psychosis, propaganda, and corporatism to promote its transhumanist agenda and the fourth industrial revolution.
By Robert Malone, M.D., M.S. And Jill Glasspool-Malone, Ph.D.
Dr. Robert Malone and his wife, Dr. Jill Glasspool-Malone, are experienced authors and biotechnology researchers who have gained an international following during the Covid pandemic by scientifically questioning the official narrative and making sense of its ensuing chaos. He pioneered mRNA vaccine technology in the late 1980s, and she specializes in biotech and immunology especially as regards public policy and federal regulatory issues. The New American is honored to print this cover-story article with the permission of Drs. Malone. It is adapted from an excerpt of their upcoming book Lies My Gov’t Told Me, and the Better Future Coming, due for publication in June, and from the substack “Who is Robert Malone.”
— The Editors
Propagandists, governments, and the World Economic Forum (WEF) are using mass-formation psychology to sway large groups of people to act for the benefit of the propagandists’ objectives. Although a major crisis — war, hyperinflation, or a public-health emergency, for example — can be extremely useful to a propagandist, these psychological tactics can be applied even without strong evidence of a crisis; the leader just has to be compelling enough.
One example involves the almost global acceptance of mask use over the past two years. Because National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci and his acolytes at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) insisted that masks work, public acceptance of a very intrusive element into people’s lives was almost universal. Those who have become hypnotized by the mass-formation process either reject outright or dismiss as irrelevant ample data demonstrating the lack of effectiveness of masks for preventing the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. People even accepted the illogic of masking children without question, despite clear and compelling evidence of harm.
Paul Joseph Goebbels, chief German propagandist for the Nazi Party, served as Reich Minister of Propaganda from 1933 to 1945. A true master, he was arguably the creator of the concept that the State can control people by introducing propaganda into news, enabling it to manipulate entire populations. Goebbels’ wicked brilliance exploited racism as a tool to promote German nationalism, thereby mobilizing and motivating Germany to engage in a globalized war for political, military, and economic dominance. Leaders and governments have studied his writings and speeches on propaganda ever since, much as the writings of Niccolò Machiavelli continue to be read as a cornerstone of modern interstate realpolitik. Examples of Goebbels’ insights include the following:
There was no point in seeking to convert the intellectuals. For intellectuals would never be converted and would anyway always yield to the stronger, and this will always be “the man in the street.” Arguments must therefore be crude, clear and forcible, and appeal to emotions and instincts, not the intellect. Truth was unimportant and entirely subordinate to tactics and psychology.
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the state can shield the people from the political, economic, and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for The State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of The State.
Ghent University psychotherapist Dr. Mattias Desmet describes this as mass-formation psychosis, which Goebbels applied to practical politics within a nation-state. Many of Goebbels’ contemporaries promoted the theory, which concerns the formation of a “mass” or crowd of people. Scholars including Gustave Le Bon, Freud, McDougal, and Canetti were leading intellectual contributors to his thinking.
Le Bon was a French social psychologist who many acknowledge as founder of the study of crowd psychology. He defined a “crowd” as a group of individuals united by a common idea, belief, or ideology, and he believed that when an individual becomes part of a crowd, he undergoes a profound psychological transformation. The person ceases to think independently, instead relying on group synthesis of a set of simplified ideas. Once the group incorporates its ideas, individuals in the group cease to psychologically exist as independent minds. They are functionally hypnotized. Le Bon maintained that a group typically forms around an influential, unifying idea; this idea propels the group, or mass, toward a common goal. However, he also concluded that crowd members never create these influential ideas. Instead, a leader or set of leaders gives them to the crowd. Additionally, according to Le Bon, in order for an idea to unite and influence a crowd, it must first be dumbed down to a level that the entire crowd can easily understand.
For example, scientists could develop a new type of vaccine as a solution to a public-health crisis. The complex research and technology behind it may have required decades of effort, whereas the crowd as a whole would be incapable of comprehending such complexities. Therefore, the idea of vaccination as a solution to the crisis would need to be thoroughly simplified to enable socially engineered acceptance of it. Under the Le Bon model, the leader of the crowd — for instance, the president’s chief medical advisor, Dr. Anthony Fauci — distills the complicated concepts down to a simplified set of ideas that becomes the focus of a hypnotic, single-minded belief. The crowd accepts, incorporates, and acts upon those ideas as their own. One of the most important elements of this model is for the “trusted leader” to be truly accepted by the crowd. Once this is accomplished, it is almost impossible for the crowd to reject that leader, regardless of whether he or she lies.
Over the last two years, we have clear evidence that our government and that of Great Britain and many other Western nations have actively and successfully applied Le Bon’s lessons. Goebbels serves as a model for them, too. In the book Prop-aganda & Persuasion, historians Garth Jowett and Victoria O’Donnell wrote about Nazi propaganda principles based on Goebbels’ work and advice.
Extracted from this work, they are:
- Avoid abstract ideas — appeal to the emotions.
- Constantly repeat just a few ideas. Use stereotyped phrases.
- Give only one side of the argument.
- Continuously criticize your opponents.
- Pick out one “enemy” for special vilification.
Unfortunately, governments worldwide well know how to apply these principles. They have joined with international bodies and large financial interests to produce harmonized propaganda through a wide variety of media outlets, including Big Tech, social media, and mainstream media. We have entered a new era of total thought control exerted on a global scale, often referred to as psychological operations, or psy-ops.
Let’s consider examples illustrating modern psy-ops in action, led by governments, nongovernmental organizations, and global forums such as the United Nations, the World Health Organization (WHO), and WEF. Helpful illustrations include:
- Operation Mockingbird: Director of Central Intelligence Allen Dulles and Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) official Cord Meyer organized this propaganda campaign in the early 1950s. The CIA reportedly spent about $1 billion a year in today’s dollars hiring journalists from corporations such as CBS, The New York Times, ABC, NBC, Newsweek, Associated Press, and others to promote the intelligence agency’s viewpoints. The original operation reportedly involved some 3,000 CIA operatives and hired over 400 journalists. The domestic operation supposedly closed in 1976, but fewer than half of the media operatives were let go. Documentary evidence shows that much of Operation Mockingbird was offshored at that time. It is rumored that British Intelligence picked up many of the duties on behalf of the U.S. intelligence community.
- Trusted News Initiative: Not so ironically, the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) leads the Trusted News Initiative (TNI), which actively censors eminent doctors, academics, and dissenting voices that contravene the official Covid-19 narrative. Anything contrary is labeled disinformation or misinformation and is deleted, suppressed, or de-platformed for not aligning with WHO and/or regional public-health authority-approved “truth.” In the case of the United States, that “truth” is established by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the CDC, and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). TNI uses advocacy journalism and journals to promote its causes. Moreover, a review of Hitler’s basic principles reveals that members of TNI are using them to control the public. TNI partners include Associated Press, Agence France-Presse, BBC, CBC/Radio-Canada, European Broadcasting Union, Facebook, Financial Times, First Draft, Google, The Hindu, Microsoft, The New York Times, Reuters, Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, Twitter, YouTube, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post.
- World Economic Forum: WEF is a key think tank and meeting place for global capitalism management, and arguably qualifies as the leading global Deep State organization. Under the leadership of Professor Klaus Schwab, it has played an increasingly important role in coordinating the globalized hegemony of transnational capital and large corporations over Western democracies during the last three decades. Many of its members actively use Covid-19 as cover to carry out a “Great Reset” as described in Schwab’s writings. This Great Reset involves implementation of digital tracking and control of people, ushering in techno-feudalism, and the WEF objective of a fourth industrial revolution incorporating technologies collectively referred to as “transhumanism.” Western governments and WEF have identified genetic mRNA vaccines as a first step toward an inevitable transhuman society.
- Social-credit systems: China’s social-credit system is a combination of government and business surveillance that gives citizens a “score” that can restrict the ability of individuals or corporations to function by limiting purchases, property acquisition, or loans based on past behavior. How one uses the internet directly impacts the social-credit score. This is similar to the social-credit system evolving in the United States. Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) metrics are a type of credit system designed to coerce businesses — and, by extension, individuals and all of society — to transform their behaviors and thinking. Many U.S. government officials, trained in WEF’s Young Global Leaders program, are actively promoting this scoring system. Already, financial institutions such as PayPal and GoFundMe, as well as some mainstream banks, are deciding who can use their services based on what are essentially social-credit scores, as described by New York Times bestselling author Justin Haskins of The Heartland Institute
- Young Global Leaders: YGL is a five-year WEF training program that hand-picks individuals most likely to succeed in politics or corporate governance, and as key influencers. WEF helps connect these graduates with leaders and capital to ensure that they rise in the ranks of national or international politics and/or corporate governance. The program’s agenda is secret, and it is very rare that a graduate will discuss it publicly. However, global corporatism and social engineering are main components of the program. YGL started in 1992 under a different name and has nearly 4,000 alumni. Those alumni are a “who’s who” of leaders and influencers in politics, Big Tech, media, the pharmaceutical industry, and finance. A small subset of U.S. graduates include:
Politics and policy: White House coronavirus response coordinator Jeffrey Zients, lobby group #Masks4All co-founder Jeremy Howard, California Governor Gavin Newsom, 2020 presidential candidate and U.S. Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg, Chelsea Clinton, Hillary Clinton confidante Huma Abedin, former U.S. ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley, former U.S. ambassador to the UN and USAID administrator Samantha Power, Eurasia Group founder Ian Bremmer, U.S.-British financier Bill Browder, Jonathan Soros (son of George Soros), Human Rights Watch director Kenneth Roth, economist Paul Krugman, former Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers, Black Lives Matter co-founder Alicia Garza, Ivanka Trump, and former U.S. Representative Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii).
Legacy media: CNN medical analyst Leana Wen, CNN chief medical correspondent Sanjay Gupta, Twitter personality Eric Feigl-Ding, New York Times financial columnist Andrew Ross Sorkin, New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman, ABC News commentator George Stephanopoulos, Fox CEO and News Corp co-chair Lachlan Murdoch, Bloomberg columnist Justin Fox, and CNN commentator Anderson Cooper.
Technology and social media: Microsoft founder Bill Gates, former Microsoft CEO Steven Ballmer, Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, Google co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page, Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk, former Google CEO Eric Schmidt, Wikipedia co-founder Jimmy Wales, PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel, eBay co-founder Pierre Omidyar, Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Moderna CEO Stéphane Bancel, Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla, and Pfizer VP Vasudha Vats.
The agenda of WEF, its graduates, and its affiliates needs to be publicized. When the reader encounters people on this list, please remember that they have been trained by WEF. The allegiance of these graduates is not to the United States, but rather to corporatist globalism.
The Great Reset
Economist Peter Koenig is a geopolitical analyst with the Centre for Research on Globalization who explains on the group’s website that the term “The Great Reset” is shorthand for a plan designed as the “antidote to ‘democracy.’” He describes this plan, which the Rockefellers, the Gateses, WEF, and the Rothschilds are implementing, as the domination by a small minority of corporate globalists over a majority of the world’s population.
The Great Reset involves using the global technocratic biosecurity state — otherwise known as the global public-health system — to implement these changes. The end result will mean extensive restrictions on the physical environment, forced digitization, and loss of bodily autonomy (having a say in your own health decisions). The Great Reset would be the total corporate takeover of all aspects of life, and its framers are using the cover of an overstated Covid public-health crisis to push through these measures.
“The Great Reset” was also the title of WEF’s 50th annual meeting in June 2020. The event brought together high-profile business and political leaders, and was convened by Charles, Prince of Wales, with the theme of rebuilding society and the economy following the Covid-19 pandemic. Their goals reveal a less-flattering description. The Great Reset would be “capitalism with Chinese characteristics”: a “two-tiered economy, with profitable monopolies and the state on top, and socialism for the majority below.”
With these basic terms in our toolbox, let’s return to the central topic. In the coordinated propaganda and censorship response to the Covid-19 public-health crisis, globalists and corporatists are directly incorporating Hitler’s own principles for crowd control. If we look closer, we can clearly see coordinated actions by the BBC-led Trusted News Initiative, various scientific technological elites, large financial groups (such as Vanguard, BlackRock, and State Street), and WEF acting in real time to suppress a growing awareness by the general public of having been actively manipulated. It is increasingly becoming clear that these organizations and aligned nation-states have been using crowd psychology tools to generate significant fear and anxiety over Covid-19 to advance their Great Reset on a global scale.
Multiple governments have now admitted to actively using fear and “mass formation”-related theories as a tool for totalitarian population control during the pandemic. One glaring example has been operating in the U.K., described by Gordon Rayner in The Telegraph on May 14, 2021:
Scientists on a committee that encouraged the use of fear to control people’s behavior during the Covid pandemic have admitted its work was “unethical” and “totalitarian.”
SPI-B [Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Behavior] warned in March  that ministers needed to increase “the perceived level of personal threat” from Covid-19 because “a substantial number of people still do not feel sufficiently personally threatened.”
Gavin Morgan, a psychologist on the team, said: “Clearly, using fear as a means of control is not ethical. Using fear smacks of totalitarianism. It’s not an ethical stance for any modern government. By nature I am an optimistic person, but all this has given me a more pessimistic view of people.”
This is occurring at the same time that the omicron variant is destroying the legitimacy of government and WHO propaganda concerning the “safe and effective” mRNA vaccines and associated mandates. Why the obsession with vaccination? One explanation is that vaccine passports promote a key WEF objective: a digital identity-based social-credit system that will weaponize banking, restricting access to funds based on behavior and speech. The core hypothesis here is that Western democratic governments, which in normal times operate under personal-privacy constraints, can leverage the emergency to mandate digital identity and proof of vaccinations with QR codes or smartphone-based contact tracing in the supposed interest of public health. This, despite the proven fact that mRNA SARS-CoV-2 vaccines not only do not stop viral infection, replication, or transmission, but may even increase infection risk. The logic apparently is that Western nations, which are increasingly behaving like WEF-infiltrated client states, can both economically and politically benefit by implementing a universal social-credit system akin to that which has been pioneered and gradually implemented in the People’s Republic of China (PRC) by its Central Communist Party.
Thanks to WEF-trained Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and WEF-trained Canadian Finance Director Chrystia Freeland, we have a foreshadowing about potential blowback issues with the whole “manipulate people to do what you want using social credit scores and weaponizing access to banking” strategy. It turns out that Trudeau and Freeland were supposed to be the tip of the spear for piloting the WEF digital ID system, as explained by Neil Parmenter, president and CEO of the Canadian Bankers Association, in a recent CBA video advertisement. Faced with the threat of peaceful truckers occupying Ottawa, they decided to go all the way and weaponize the banking system to meet the “enormous threat” to Canadian national security posed by the truckers. That did not turn out quite as planned, as reported by the Independent Institute. When those holding both large and small bank accounts realized that Toronto-Dominion and other large Canadian banks were no longer a safe harbor, they decided to withdraw their funds.
Apparently Freeland, although proudly listed as an exemplar YGL graduate, was not trained as an economist. Rather her background is in Russian history and literature, and she once worked in Russia for the Financial Times. Freeland and her fellow YGL alumni apparently never learned that members of the working class do not enjoy the threat of having their money stolen or frozen by government bureaucrats on a political crusade.
When the geniuses at the WEF meet to game out the “lessons learned” from Trudeau and Freeland’s short, sharp shock, what are they going to conclude? They will probably decide that the fault lies in having moved too fast, and that the overlords should have told their apparatchiks to stick to a slow, incrementalist strategy.
The fallback of the WEF globalists running totalitarian Canada will be to “build back better” in part by seeking to develop a cashless society, one that involves a 100-percent digitized currency tied to a digital ID, and a social-credit system that is bulletproof from the power of the people and their money. If WEF has its way, it is only a matter of time before this concept envelops the world.
We have a fight on our hands to take back control of our country. This is not going to be an easy battle, and it is one in which we all have a part to play. The first item of business is to expose the WEF for what it is, along with its graduates, acolytes, and camp followers. Then we must make sure that these people do not hold office or leadership positions until they clarify where their loyalty lies — their country or their global allegiances. We must not cede our fundamental right of privacy, guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. That means no digital passports for vaccination or otherwise; no government tracking of our movements, tied to said passports; and no social-credit scores.
The silver lining in this whole mess is that the YGL program seems more interested in turning out compliant bureaucrat functionaries than razor-sharp, highly trained intellects. Justin Trudeau and Chrystia Freeland certainly fit that mold. Let’s give thanks that they have alerted us to where Klaus and his WEF minions want to quietly take us. Now, if you care about your freedom and the autonomy of your nation, it is time to act, or forever hold your peace. There is no medical emergency. It is time for Congress to shut down the illegal suspension of constitutionally protected rights using a fraudulent justification, and let those of us who actually work for a living — such as physicians, farmers, and truckers — get back to work.
Published with Permission of thenewamerican.com