Image of Chris Krebs (in inset): Screenshot of 60 Minutes video
Media Darling and Fired Cyber Security Chief Chris Krebs Is a Deep State Operative
Chris Krebs, the recently fired head of the federal Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), is an example par excellence of the breadth and depth of the Deep State swamp. Not surprisingly, his deputy at CISA, Matt Travis, resigned on November 20, three days after Krebs’ dismissal. Krebs and Travis go back a long way together as business partners in the shadowy world of intelligence, government contracts, lobbying, and consulting. They have close ties to many of the virulently anti-Trump swamp creatures, including disgraced former Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper and former Department of Homeland Security head Michael Chertoff. They also have connections to Dominion Voting Systems, which is at the center of our current election controversies.
Chris Krebs: The Man vs. the Media’s Fake Image
In short, there is good reason to question the image of Chris Krebs as a just-the-facts, impartial, non-partisan public servant, as we detail below. But that hasn’t prevented him from becoming the latest darling of the hate-Trump media. For the past few days, he’s been all over the news again, blasting President Trump and Trump supporters for daring to state the obvious, that the recent elections were rife with fraud. CBS’s 60 Minutes, NPR, CNN, ABC, NBC, the Washington Post, Yahoo News, etc. — the entire Fake News chorus — can’t seem to get enough of him.
Like Michael Avenatti, the crooked “creepy porn lawyer” who made himself the toast of the town in 2018 with his scurrilous, baseless sexcapade lawsuits against President Trump and then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, Krebs is enjoying his “15 minutes of fame.” However, even a cursory look at his bio, statements, and actions should convince any real journalist that there are serious issues regarding Krebs’ bias, conflicts of interest, deception, and probable hidden motives in his claims that there was no significant fraud in the elections.
On November 12, as The New American previously reported, Krebs’ agency issued a statement calling the November 3 election “the most secure in American history.” “There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised,” the statement continued.
In what was then an obvious slam of President Trump and all others who refuse to turn a blind eye to the massive, blatant fraud during the election, the CISA statement went on to declare: “While we know there are many unfounded claims and opportunities for misinformation about the process of our elections, we can assure you we have the utmost confidence in the security and integrity of our elections, and you should too.”
The so-called “fact checkers” of Big Media, along with anti-Trump Democrats and Never Trump Republicans, immediately and repeatedly cited Chris Krebs as the ultimate authority on the integrity of the elections, thus supposedly canceling out Trump’s claims of skullduggery.
Krebs Had No Authority; Fraud Detection Not CISA’s job
President Trump fired Krebs in November, and with good reason. First of all, as pointed out by TheFederalist.com, neither Krebs nor anyone else at CISA have any authority or competency to address the issue of election fraud. CISA is a new agency underneath the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), created two years ago by an act of Congress that was signed by President Trump on November 16, 2018.
It was directed primarily at hardening election infrastructure against foreign interference, following the two-year-long agitation over the false charges of Russian interference in favor of Donald Trump in the 2016 election. The issue of election fraud is “beyond the scope” of the authority given to CISA and Krebs. It is an issue that falls within the purview of the individual states and the federal Justice Department.
“Election fraud is different than election interference and is beyond the scope of CISA authorities,” a DHS official told The Federalist. “CISA does not have firsthand information on allegations of voting fraud or investigate such claims, responsibility for which lies with State and local authorities and the Department of Justice.”
“Each state is responsible for the execution of its own elections. Not CISA and not the federal government,” the DHS official said. “Allegations of voter fraud are being adjudicated through the court system.”
Krebs even admitted in a November 18 tweet that election fraud is “not CISA’s job.”
Krebs’ assertion that “I never claimed there wasn’t fraud in the election” flies in the face of his CISA statement quoted earlier and his subsequent statements that have been used by the media and Trump critics to “prove” that election-fraud charges are Trump fantasies.
However, even though he has admitted that he had no jurisdiction or competence over election fraud issues, he has not refrained from pursuing the matter in the Biden-friendly media.
Troubling Deep State Ties
Beyond the fact that Chris Krebs is far from being the “last word” on the massive 2020 election fraud, there is the issue of his tainted ties to some of President Trump’s most vociferous foes. It is a tangled web of multiple insider companies involved in intelligence and military contracting, consulting, and lobbying. Denizens of this web rotate in and out of government and corporate posts. Here are a few examples:
- James Clapper, former DNI, now an “expert” commentator at CNN — Clapper was hired in 2006 by DFI International, a Deep State entity. Several months later, in 2007, Clapper returned to the Pentagon, where his office then awarded DFI a contract advising the Defense Department. The CEO of DFI is Barry M. Blechman, a member of the globalist Council on Foreign Relations (CFR). Krebs’ deputy at CISA, Matt Travis, is currently listed on the DFI “management team” as vice president of intelligence and homeland security, DFI Government Services. General Dennis J. Reimer (CFR) is listed as president, DFI Government Services. DFI’s board of directors includes General John A. Gordon (CFR), a former deputy director of the CIA; lawyer Jeffrey H. Smith (CFR); and General Reimer (CFR).
- Obsidian Analysis — Matt Travis and Kevin O’Prey are the co-founders of the Washington, D.C.-based Obsidian Analysis, where Chris Krebs was a principal partner. Previously, Kevin O’Prey was the executive at DFI who hired James Clapper. In 2016, Obsidian was acquired by The Cadmus Group, where O’Prey now sits as a senior vice president.
- The Dutko Group — Krebs served as vice president at The Dutko Group, the Washington, D.C. lobbying giant founded by Democrat Party powerbroker Dan Dutko, a close friend of Bill Clinton and Al Gore. Dutko (which changed its name to Dutko Worldwide and now goes by Dutko Grayling) also has ties to many globalists in the Republican Party.
- Bill Gates, Microsoft — Microsoft billionaire Bill Gates, the tech titan, ardent globalist, and comrade of China’s communist dictator Xi Jinping, has done more than any other individual to use the COVID-19 plandemic to lock down the entire planet and destroy the U.S. economic resurgence engineered by President Trump. He has used every opportunity to snipe at and undercut the president. Krebs was a senior advisor at DHS before going to work for Gates at Microsoft as director cybersecurity policy. He then returned to DHS, where he was put in charge of the National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), the DHS predecessor to CISA. Matt Travis followed Krebs to NPPD and served under him there and then at CISA.
- Michael Chertoff, The Chertoff Group — The former head of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff has been a harsh and repeated critic of President Trump. Among his globalist bonafides is his membership on the board of directors of the Atlantic Council. Deep State operative General Michael Hayden (CFR), former director of the CIA and NSA, is another anti-Trumper and a principal of The Chertoff Group. Krebs worked for Chertoff at DHS and has appeared as a speaker at Chertoff Group events with Michael Chertoff, including the Chertoff Group’s 2019 Security Series Event. The Chertoff Group is a “Strategic Partner” of the Government Technology & Services Coalition (GTSC), a key networking group of technology-military-intelligence insider contractors. GTSC’s news website HomelandSecurityToday.US has taken the side of Krebs, Travis, and other CISA/DHS anti-Trump activists concerning the election controversies.
- Dominion Voting Systems — Krebs reportedlyhosted an election-night party in Northern Virginia that was attended by two staffers of Dominion Voting Systems, which is at the center of vote-flipping charges. If nothing else, it at the least creates the appearance of bias and inappropriate fraternization. Colorado businessman Joe Oltmann claims that he infiltrated an Antifa group meeting at which Eric Coomer, the director of product strategy and security for Dominion told the participants: ““Don’t worry about the election. Trump is not going to win, I made fxxxing sure of that. Hahaha.”
- Matt Masterson, Miles Taylor — In addition to Matt Travis, Krebs brought other anti-Trump operatives into CISA/DHS. His choice as senior advisor for election security was Matt Masterson, an appointee of President Barack Obama. Krebs has been widely reported as being a friend of Miles Taylor, the DHS chief of staff who set “progressive” hearts atwitter with his 2018 “Anonymous” op-ed titled, “I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration.” In that piece, Taylor said that he and “like-minded colleagues” in the administration have “vowed to thwart parts of his agenda.” Taylor repeatedly denied being the author “Anonymous,” including in an interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper. Nevertheless, even after revealing his identity and the fact that he had lied, CNN saw no problem with hiring him as a commentator — along with serial liar/perjurer James Clapper, Michael Hayden, and CIA agents Philip Mudd and Cindy Otis.
Other Krebs loyalists at DHS/CISA who recently either resigned or were fired include Bryan Ware and Brian Harrell. Unfortunately, there still remain many subversive “resisters” burrowed into the infrastructure.
The Krebs-Travis episode at CISA is one of many that illustrate the enormous problem President Trump has faced with thousands of Bush-Obama “Resistance” operatives at DHS, DOJ, DOD, CIA, FBI, and throughout the federal bureaucracy. Federal judges have made it difficult to drain the swamp with mass firings, repeatedly ruling against the president (see here and here).
There’s much more, but this should give a hint that the reality of Chris Krebs’ sudden rise to fame differs greatly from the media-fabricated narrative that he is a heroic patriot who is speaking truth to power.
William F. Jasper
Senior editor William F. Jasper is an author/journalist/commentator/documentary producer with a well-earned reputation as one of America’s top investigative reporters, most renowned for his in-depth, years-long investigation of the Oklahoma City bombing and its aftermath. For more than three decades he served as an accredited correspondent at the United Nations in New York and UN summits around the world.
Published with Permission of thenewamerican.com